Advising AEROCAS board of directors and executive team on strategy for the Castellón airport opening (from Sept. 2013 to airport opening Dec. 2014)
A contract to advise and assist the board of directors and executive team of AEROCAS in order to secure the certification and opening of Castellón airport. On the basis of the conclusions of the certification process audit and through a hands-on management approach, the team delivered customised solutions to adapt airport infrastructure and equipment to meet the government’s requirements, set up a new airport management model and interact with Spanish aviation and airspace authorities (ENAIRE, AESA, DGAC and others).
Under the contract, Pasiphae was also responsible for the coordination of all the providers (such as technical consultancy firms, engineering companies, utilities, security firms, ANSP), the definition of airport management privatisation tenders, supervision of the business plan and a promotional road show for international airport operators.
During the public tendering process, Pasiphae assisted its client with the evaluation of offers and participated in the final phase of negotiations with the preferred bidder (leading to a contract signed on May 2014). Subsequently, Pasiphae organised the transition phase for the handover from AEROCAS to the new private operator. The project culminated with the obtaining of the certification (for both operator and airport) and the opening of the infrastructure in December 2014.
- Strategic advice and assistance to top management, board & regional government
- Infrastructure/equipment adaptation to current legislation
- Dialogue and negotiations with aviation authorities
- Technical assistance in the certification process
- Road show for international operators
- Coordination of all technical providers
- Tendering process assessment
- Transition from public owner to private operator